Style & Trend
The wedding dress styles guide to… a maternity wedding dress
So you’re pregnant and planning your wedding, what an incredibly exciting time! Starting a family and tying the knot are both well worth celebrating, and you’ll need a fantastic maternity wedding dress for the occasion. We know it’s not easy...
So you’re pregnant and planning your wedding, what an incredibly exciting time! Starting a family and tying the knot are both well worth celebrating, and you’ll need a fantastic maternity wedding dress for the occasion.
We know it’s not easy finding the perfect dress, especially when your body is changing, so our WED2B style experts have few top tips to help you…
- Choose a dress without boning and corsetry that will be comfy from the moment you walk down the aisle right through to your first dance.
- Pick fabrics that are soft and stretchy, such as chiffon, silk tulle or charmeuse.
- Don’t feel restricted to choosing from maternity wedding dresses. Many A-line or empire-line styles are perfect for enhancing your quickly changing silhouette.
- Embrace it! You don't have to settle for something unflattering just because you’re pregnant. Work with your beautiful baby bump instead of try to cover it up.
- Add accessories. A gorgeous lace jacket will give you two looks in one, plus don’t forget some pretty hair pieces to finish.
Here are a couple of our favourite styles for beautifully blooming brides…
True grace in lace
Fall in love all over again with this boho, empire-line dress. The beaded floral lace around the delicate illusion neckline adds a beautiful touch of sparkle.
Click here for more empire-line styles.
Laike by Heidi Hudson, £449 (Available in sizes 8 - 16)
For some subtle growing space, Willow’s pleated bodice and soft chiffon, A-line skirt are a great choice. The dazzling beaded straps are the perfect finishing touch.
Click here for more A-line styles.
Willow by Heidi Hudson, £199 (Available in sizes 6 - 20)
Discover more maternity wedding dresses at your nearest WED2B store. You can also view the whole collection here or for more inspiration head over to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter
Share this article